Horizon allows you to have a Voicemail account for each user, and also one for each Hunt Group.
You use it just like the voicemail on a mobile phone system.
Dialling in to the portal
To access the portal, you can
- Dial the Voice Portal extension on your phone (usually 666 if we set it up for you!)
- Dial the external DDI for the voice portal from anywhere
- Press the “Message” button on your phone handset.
Navigating the voice portal
Once you’re connected, you’ll be prompted to type in your portal passcode and press # (hash).
- 1- Mailbox (See “Accessing your mailbox” below)
- 2- Change Profile
- 3- Record name
- 4- Change options
- 8 – Change passcode
- 9 – Exit system
Accessing your mailbox
- 1 – listen to message
- 2 – change “busy” greeting
- 3 – change “no-answer” greeting
- 5- compose and send new message
- 7 – delete all messages
- * – go to top menu
After playing a message
- # – save message
- 2 – repeat message
- 3 – delete message
- 5 – play message info (time and date it was sent and, if available, where from)
- 1 – Activate call forwarding
- 2 – Deactivate call forwarding
- 4 – Check forwarding status
- * – go back to top menu
Choosing a mailbox to access
To access a mailbox other than your own, or from outside the system, e.g. to edit the greeting message for a Hunt Group voicemail, or to access your voicemail from outside the office
- Dial in to the portal as above
- Instead of entering your passcode and pressing # (hash), first press * (star).
- At the prompt, type in the extension you want, and press # (hash)
- At the next prompt, put in the passcode for the extension you just chose.